I found this article online, i think msn but i am not sure and thought it would be funny to share. While i have never had to use any of these excuses for being late (i always tend to be 15 minutes early) i have had some clever excuses for other things: such as my friend susie bede and i were in eighth grade and did not want to run the mile for gym, we told our gym teacher that our butts had fallen asleep and we were not able to walk very well let alone run the mile. Our teacher let us off the hook, i really think it was because we had been feeding her lines like that for a very long time and she had had enough!
1. While rowing across the river to work, I got lost in the fog.
2. Someone stole all my daffodils.
3. I had to go audition for American Idol.
4. My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn’t drive to work.
5. My route to work was shut down by a presidential motorcade.
6. I have transient amnesia and couldn’t remember my job.
7. I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.
8. The line was too long at Starbucks.
9. I was trying to get my gun back from the police.
10. I didn’t have money for gas because all of the pawnshops were closed.
p.s according to the article these excuses have all really happened to the late person…
I am off to see dave matthews this weekend! 3:30 cannot come soon enough! happy fathers day and have a fabulous weekend!