- today was the due date for all the information for grad school, they contacted me last week and said they hadn’t received my letters of recommendation yet, one overnighted it yesterday and one was sent last month and emailed again this morning, whats up with that? not cool because i am really anxious and now even more so!
- it did not put my mind to ease when i called the office and they lady that i have been talking to is not in today and instead i had to speak with someone who did not have a great grasp on the english language and never really understood what i was talking about, i am seriously thinking about chewing off my nails.
- my parents are still looking for a place and hoping to see the one in ct and it already feels like they are just gone, they went to new jersey last week and never even told me they were going, not that they have to check in but i talked to both them and my sister the day before and nothing was said, that was weird.
- it is way to quite in my office right now, gillian is on vacation and the phone isn’t ringing and there is nothing funny to google, or to joke about, or to just talk about, i haven’t even gotten a weird parent email this week, granted it is only tuesday. i think our weirdest one was firstname.lastname@example.org. it was a mothers email…makes ya wonder!
- we are trying to get nick to not sleep with a blankey anymore, he is 12 and kevin has it in his head that sleeping with a blankey is not “little manish” i agree but also have met adults who still have that one thing they sleep with, i never had that problem growing up, when it was time to get rid of the pacifier my mom told me to give it to the easter bunny, and i bought that! no tears.
- the young girl that i mentor now has a new boyfriend, i think i have mentioned that i have no words before about this young man, however i think i have found a few since my last conversation with her. not only does he drive to different states with out a license he sleeps with a gun under his pillow. k seems to think this is fine, she figures its none of her business, sometimes she is wiser beyond her years and other times she is so much younger than she really is. i told her that since she is already dropping the “l” bomb with this guy, don’t you think that there are things you should know and have opinions about? but then my words ran out again and now i am stuck with a sick feeling in my stomach, i am not really sure if this is something that i should/have to report to the powers that be…
- did i mention it is too quiet in my office?
- i have to go grocery shopping again this afternoon, because we are already out of the essentials, kevin made fun of me the other night because i know exactly how many sandwiches can be made from the amount of cheese i get, and he ate some extra cheese wondering “if i eat this, will the whole count be off” thats just funny!