since we just added water and made this little family, it feels like a blink of an eye, but when i really think about it there was a lot of hard work too. here are a few changes…
- i can say no and just by saying ‘no’ i do not have to have any other reason!
- last year for all of nicks school paperwork and contact information we *insert mostly me, but sometimes nick* really were not sure what my official title would be (not his mom and not step mom and dads girl friend really didn’t fit. This year i am a parent.
- aluminum foil+broiler=flames and lots of smoke and alarms
- let me see your homework and did you do your homework at two completely different questions
- gold bond medicated powder is a gift from god
- it takes exactly 2.5 minutes for a large bag of smartfood to be devoured by a 12 year old
- There are numerous ways to get a pencil that is stuck in the bathroom drain out of said bathroom drain
- chewing nails off till they are nubbins can result in those nails becoming embedded into ones gums, after at least a week of “ow my gums hurt” and “why do they bleed all the time” i have learned to be a dental hygienist and floss out the offending nail
- i have spent more time contemplating what type of cup/jock strap to get as opposed to what kind of bra i am going to get
- i have learned that i am way more patient then i ever thought possible
i have also learned that relationships are very hard work, but the ones that are the best require the most work!! Here’s to another year!! I love my boys!