since there is no school and no work and the outside world is one large ice-rink, i am going to attempt to answer questions from the lovely Mandy, who has more in common with me then she realizes. it also happens to be somewhat interactive so if anyone out there would like to play along, here are the rules;
1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (And your e-mail address, please.)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Here are the questions;
1. What inspired you to start a blog and how do you find inspiration for your posts? i originally started the blog because a few of my co-workers had one and i was leaving that job. the job that no matter how many times it made me upset was probably the first fulfilling job i had ever had. not to mention all of the people who i worked with made the transition of moving to the east coast a bit easier. they were like family and i thought this was a great way to keep in touch. then it changed a bit when before kevin and i moved in together the situation at nicks moms house turned very ugaly and we immediately had custody of his son nick. my blog went from “this is what my new job is like, to this is what its like to be a full time parent when you hadn’t completely planned that was going to happen right away.” it was a long term goal that i knew was coming, it just happened a little bit sooner then expected hence the “Insta family-just add water.”
2. What three songs have influenced your life in some way and why? two major songs are dave matthews songs, the first being tripping billies and the second being grey street. in what seems like another life both of these songs were relating to what i was feeling and what i was going through. now when i hear them its a subtle reminder of where i was and how far i have come. for instance in tripping billies there is a line “23 and so tired of life, such a shame to throw it all away…” i was 23 and tired of life and so glad i didn’t throw it away. and for the third i really cannot decide, my itunes library runs the span of Beethoven to Marylin Manson with a sprinkling of country and babershop. all of which have some significance in my life. when i first meet people i am more willing to show them pictures of my ugly phase before sharing the full scope of whats on my ipod.
3. If someone offered to give you a multimillion dollar home in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the US for the rest of your life (in which you could live having all of your utilities, taxes, everything paid in full) but in order to get the house you first had to go live in a third world country without any of the comforts of home for two years, would you do it? when i graduated from college that is exactly what i wanted to do, and still do, so yes to the question, but even more important is i don’t need the motivation of something like an amazing house to go to the third world. first it was Kenya, then it was anywhere in eastern europe, then i decided it had to be bosnia, i wanted to teach english and work with all the women who had been raped during the bosnian war. it is still something i want to do, someday.
4. If you had to give up your sense of sight or hearing, which would it be and why? i would have to go with sight. i am practically blind as it is and becoming completely blind is still a real possibility. but i do have a photographic memory and people around me who can describe things in perfect detail. so yeah sight would be my choice. i know i would not be able to stand it if i could see kevin and not be able to hear him say my name or that he loves me.
5. Do you have a life motto? What is it and why did you chose those as your words to live by? Treat Others as You Want to Be Treated. to me this is just a fundamental aspect of being a good person. everyone makes mistakes or says things they don’t mean but if everyone treated everyone else the way they wanted to be treated, can you imagine how different the world would be. i know its a tall order, so i am starting small and trying to instill that in nick.