we have all been there, a day full of stuff to do but not enough time to do it all. for example, yesterday:
- hurry up and get ready to go to work, only to wait until the proper time to drop nick off for camp
- at work, hurry up and get the checks ready, only to wait for the mail man (note to vendors-i have no control over when the mail goes out!)
- hurry up and get the deposits ready, only to wait to take them to the bank
- hurry home to start a load of laundry (we were past the bottom of the drawer underwear) only to wait to put it in the dryer
- hurry to pick up nick for his appointment, only to wait half an hour to actually have said appointment
- hurry home to pick up something to eat, while nick got ready for practice, hurry to get laundry out of the dryer-i don’t trust most of the people who use the community dryer and i thought for sure whoever had their pile of still wet, now getting moldy clothes on top of the dryer was going to do something awful to our laundry, only to wait while nick put his cleats on
- hurry over to football practice only to wait until the end. of course this was the longest waiting of the day which allowed me to calm my racing thoughts, eat a sandwich and read a bit of my book (which by the way is just fascinating, it is about Kaiser Willehelm II mother, a daughter of queen victoria)
- after practice there wasnt as much hurrying to get home, made lunches and coffee for the next morning, brushed my teeth, took the dog out and finally got to sit down with nothing looming ahead of me…
it feels like that has been my entire week and school has not even started yet. bring on the weekend!
p.s three weeks from today will be the biggest hurry up and wait day and on that day it will not bother me! because we are getting married!! YaY!!