- so connecticut has this stupid property tax thing, just because you have a car means you have to pay the town a percentage of what they think the car is worth. every year. i got my bill the other day from the bustling metropolis of newington. knowing it was going to be somewhat higher than what i was used to considering we have the new car now, i didn’t really blink at the total. not until i REALLY read what was included in the total. the bill valued my 1999 chevy malibu with almost 200,000 miles at $2400. Huh? where did that number come from, have they seen that car? she is running on neglect!
- last year i only paid something like $23. perhaps north stonington and newington should compare notes…
- michigan never had anything like that. then again, michigan didn’t have a department of motor vehicles either, i got my license at the secretary of state office, well took the test and the picture at the office then went home with my temporary paper license and waited approximately six to eight weeks to get the fancy plastic one…ahhh simpler times!
- i guess i should also mention that i took drives ed at Sears. yup, mom put it on her Sears card and everything!
- annd i have never taken a drivers test with a representative of a state who should smell bad, be mean because they hate life, and intimidate me while i try to parallel park. not once..
- some people may say this explains a lot…i say…Whatever!
- why are all these thoughts circling around cars?
- nick officially is done with middle school! its hard to believe we will have a high schooler in the house, one who will be driving soon…
- but certainly not mable…