- we watched ‘The Book of Eli’ last night. i didn’t like it, in fact i hated most of the movie. there were times when i would have to leave the room, take the dog out, pluck my eyebrows, or find any other mindless activity to take my thoughts away from the disturbing things that were happening on the screen. the last five minutes were the only five minutes i enjoyed and even then i had HUGE problems with the ending, like why did that girl leave the island? i think the best part of the whole movie was the credits when nick turned to us and said “that movie had NO point…”
- when i was younger i used to take everything very literally and my view on life was very literal. for example pickles came out of the ground pickled, there was no process involved, that is how they grew. you couldn’t argue with me any differently. since i have grown wiser over the years, *cough cough* i now accept the fact that there are steps involved for things like pickles to actually become pickles. i only bring this up because i am beginning to question it again, i am sure everyone is aware of the cucumber melon flavors/scents, well if my younger literal self were to look at my garden right now and see the cucumber plants combining with the melon plants that would just support the theory that things came out of the ground like that…this picture is from last week, the cucumber plant in the right hand corner has now combined with this melon plant, so much so that it takes a good ten minutes or so to de-tangle them, perhaps i could be on to something?
- my office has a chemical dependency on twizzlers. we went through a dry spell there for a while but the twizzlers have made a return with a vengeance, everyone here knows we have them, sometimes we don’t want to share…
- this past weekend, we made a trek to buttonwood we had amazing ice cream and were able to see the sunflowers, nick and i bought a bunch a piece to support the Make a Wish Foundation. it was such a gorgeous day and the sunflowers are amazing, unfortunately this morning i had to retire the sunflowers to the garbage, they were really really droopy and pollinating everything in the kitchen…i took this picture with my phone to send to my sister, it has cows (her favorite) and the sunflowers…
- did you know my sister can identify the 32 (?) different types of cows that are in the united states?
- because i planted the garden a wee bit late, we still haven’t harvested many things, we have tons of green tomatoes and we have been getting a few ripe cherry tomatoes everyday. i am hoping that next week sometime everything will just GROW and i wont miss out on the growth while on vacation for a week…far far far away from the garden…oh and everything else!!